Our definition of a Green Wedding ....
Auberge des Gallant and the Pavillon des Gallant nestled in a very green setting surrounded by cedar and maple woods, on the southern flank of Mont-Rigaud. Our 5 acres of gardens is just one of the many reasons why nature is so important to us. We are fans of sustainable development and are very respectful of the environment surrounding us.
Contribute to the reduction of the greenhouse gases by organizing your ceremony , wedding reception and accommodation all in the same place. Your guests will be delighted!
Here are some ideas to help you go green :
- Plan to use recycled paper for invitations, menus and place cards. You could even create a website to post your announcements. You can bring flowers or potted plants that you have grown yourself, chosen accordingly to your taste whether it is for the ceremony, the cocktail or in the reception hall. Then you could offer the flowers as a gift or recycle them in your garden. Memories that will remain!
- Use natural rose petals or lavander for your grand entrance. Florists can sell you bags of petals obtained from unsold roses, otherwise used for composting.
- It is custom to offer gifts to your guests. Consider giving them small trees, plants, or maple syrup. We offer different types of glass bottles which can be reused for vinegar or oil afterwards.
- For the cocktail, offer a blond, red or even a maple-flavored beer from our friend Schoune, a local suppliers who successfully cultivates organic hops on a farm near the Auberge in Saint-Polycarpe. We also have products from the micro-brewery Le Castor located a few minutes from the Auberge, as well as the micro-brewery Trois Lacs located a few kilometers away. The vineyards Côte de Vaudreuil,Le Bourg des Cèdres and de Pomone also offer delicious wines.
- For the soup, consider a vegetable soup, prepared with seasonal vegetables and from local farms. You could also think of Saint-Clet endives for a salad. We can offer local products of all kind, according to your tastes and needs, for all our packages.
- The guinea fowls cooked in our kitchen come from the farm Plume des champs in Rigaud, where they are raised free-range, eating grass, insects and seeds. Our pork is from Quebec and we even have eco-certified salmon from New-Brunswick.
- The Boulangerie Paradis in Rigaud, provides us with the bread. Fresh bread kneads a few steps from the hôtel!
- For dessert, we can serve our sugar pie cooked on site or our delicious maple Creme Brulee, with some eco-responsible bird friendly organic coffee from Le Nichoir.
- We serve water taken directly from our well, filtered with salt, no water bottle will be served. Our sparkling water comes from the same source and is carbonated on site. Served in reusable glass bottles.
- No plastic glass is used, we rather put at your disposal eco-cups for the exterior. Paper straws are available upon request only.
- We talked about beer and wine, but there is also an array of alcohol of all kinds available for your bar in the evening. Gin, vodka, rhum and so much more all from local businesses.
- As for the table dressing, from the tablecloths to the napkins as well as table runners, everything is in febric and is reusable. With the years, and the many weddings we have celebrated at the Auberge, we collected several decoration items that we can use to decorate the tables in a eco-responsible way.
- Leftover food is collected every monday morning by ''Le Café de la Débrouille'' in Rigaud in partnership with ''La Tablée des Chefs''. Over 700 servings of food recovered per month, and about 1000 pounds of food redistributed every quarter.
( Please take note that due to the Covid-19, we had to put this partnership on hold).
- The article focuses on weddings, however this ''green formula'' applies to all types of events and is appropriate in all our activity sectors.
Caring for the environment is part of who we are ! The Auberge des Gallant holds the 4 green keys certification and is Level 4 eco-responsible events certified. Our mission is to minimize our ecological footprint with small daily gestures.. You can also make a difference by choosing to celebrate your green wedding with us !