TheGallant Inn and the Gallant Pavilion are set in the green setting of a maple grove surrounded by cedar and maple woods on the south side of Mont-Rigaud. Our estate of over five acres of gardens is just one of the many reasons why nature is important to us. We are committed to sustainable development and are very respectful of the environment in which we live.
Contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gases by organizing your ceremony, wedding reception and accommodation in the same place. Your guests will be delighted! Here are some ideas to help you go green:
- Plan to use recycled paper for invitations, menus and place cards. You could even create a website to send your invitations. Do you have a green thumb? Bring in flowers or potted plants that you have grown yourself, and brighten up the ceremony venue, cocktail party or reception hall. Why not give them as gifts or recycle them in your garden? Memories that will last!
- Use natural rose petals or lavender for your grand entrance. Florists can sell you bags of petals obtained from unsold roses, otherwise destined for composting.
- It is customary to offer gifts to guests. Consider giving them small trees, plants or syrup from our maple trees. We offer different types of bottles which can be reused for vinegar or oil later on.
- For cocktails, choose a blonde, red or even maple flavored beer from our friend Schoune, a local producer who successfully grows hops organically on a farm not too far away, in Saint-Polycarpe. We also have products from the microbrewery The Beaver located a few minutes from the Inn, as well as the microbrewery Trois Lacs, located a few kilometers away. The vineyards Côte de Vaudreuil, Cedar Village and of Pomona also offer delicious wines.
- For the soup, consider a vegetable soup, cooked according to the season’s harvest and from local farms. Think of endives from Saint-Clet(DIVA) for a salad. We can offer you all kinds of local products, according to your tastes and needs, for all our packages.
- The guinea fowl that pass through our kitchens come from the farm Plume des Champs of Rigaud, where they were raised in freedom. Our pork comes from Quebec and we also have eco-certified salmon from New Brunswick.
- Our bread comes from the Boulangerie Paradis in Rigaud. Fresh bread kneaded just a few steps from our home!
- For dessert, we can serve our famous sugar pie cooked on site or our delicious maple crème brulée. With this one, we will serve you eco-responsible coffee bird-friendly biological, Le Nichoir.
- We serve water directly from our well, filtered with salt. No bottled water (single use) is served at the Inn. Our sparkling water comes from the same source and is carbonated right here. It is served in reusable glass bottles.
- No plastic glass is used; instead, we use a variety of glasses at your disposal eco-supply for theexterior and of course, window glass is used on the interior. Paper straws are available upon request only.
- We’ve talked about beer and wine, but there’s also an array of spirits available for your evening bar! Gin, vodka, rum and more, all from local companies.
- For the dressing of the tables, tablecloths and napkins of fabrics are privileged. With the years and the numerous weddings that have been celebrated at our place, we have been able to collect several decorative items that serve to us as well as to you to embellish our tables and this, in an eco-responsible way since everything is recycled from time to time.
- Leftover food is collected every Monday morning by the Café de la Débrouille located in Rigaud in consultation with the Chefs’ table. That’s more than 700 servings of food that are returned per month, a reduction in waste of more than 1000 pounds per quarter.
(Please note that we had to put a pause on this partner due to Covid-19).
- We are talking about our weddings, but of course this “green formula” applies to all types of events and is applicable to all our sectors of activity.
Taking care of the environment is in our nature! The Auberge des Gallant holds the 4 Green Keys and Level 4 Eco-responsible Events certifications. We are on a mission to minimize our ecological footprint through small actions that make a difference, you too can make a difference by choosing to celebrate your green wedding with us!